The research activities of the group are linked to the Karolinska Institute and cover epidemiological research, risk and prognosis studies, quality of life, and wet and dry biomarkers investigation. The Karolinska ALS Clinical Research Group also initiated the National ALS/MND Registry that collects data on ALS/MND patients from all Sweden, and the ALS Risc project that is an epidemiological study gathering data and samples from the greater Stockholm region. This work goes hand in hand with the ALS biobank in place, which allows for samples to be stored and used for research.
We are currently running several ALS clinical trials, in two specialized units. They are located at the Huddinge Hospital (Phase 1) and at the S-ASC Unit (Phase 2 and 3) in the center of Stockholm.
To find out more about the activities of the Karolinska ALS Clinical Research Group, please go to our website: ALS Clinical Research Group | Karolinska Institutet (ki.se)
Our core team in composed of:
- Caroline Ingre, head of the Karolinska ALS Clinical Research Group, head of the National ALS7MND Registry in Sweden, TRICALS board member
- Ulf Kläppe, neurologist and PhD student
- Sanharib Chamoun, neurologist and PhD student
- Sebastian Thams, neurologist
- Linn Öijerstedt, neurologist and post-doctoral researcher
- Stefan Sennfält, neurologist and post-doctoral researcher
- Juliette Foucher, PhD student and clinical trial coordinator, Nordic Patient Liaison for TRICALS
- Karolina Palmbäck, research nurse
- Jenny Hellqvist, assistant nurse
- Oskar Holmdahl, research nurse